Less than 1 hour
- Tray of 6-8 chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 2 red onions, quartered
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cut into chunks
- Olive or canola oil, for coating
Jerk spice rub:
- 4-6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) each cayenne pepper and smoked paprika
- Handful parsley, chopped
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 tsp (5ml) each groundallspice, cinnamon, nutmeg, chilli flakes and brown sugar
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 2 limes + extra wedges for serving
- Mango sambal, flatbreadsand lime wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place chicken, onions and pineapple in a deep baking dish. Using your hands, cover with oil until well-coated.
- Combine spice rub ingredients and coat chicken.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with mango sambal, flatbreads and lime wedges.