- 1 cup (250ml) prepared DAVIDOFF Crema Intense Instant coffee
- 500g dark chocolate (70% or higher), roughly chopped
- Berries, such as raspberries, strawberries or blueberries (optional)
- Prepare coffee – we used 2 Tbsp (30ml) DAVIDOFF Crema intense instant coffee with 1 cup boiling water.
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil.
- Place a glass or metal bowl bigger than the pot on top to create a double-boiler. (Check that bowl isn’t touching the water.)
- Place chocolate and hot water in the bowl and stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Place bowl in an ice bath and whisk with an electric beater on medium speed until mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove bowl from ice bath when the chocolate on the sides becomes set.
- Whisk only until aerated and a soft mousse texture has formed. (Over-whipping will cause more of a chocolate spread texture. If this happens, melt chocolate again and repeat process.)
- Serve immediately topped with coffee chocolate bark (see below) and berries.
To make a chocolate bark topping, spread 1 slab (100g) melted milk chocolate and 1 slab (100g) melted dark chocolate on a lined baking tray, swirling to create a marbled effect if you like. Sprinkle with 2-3 Tbsp roughly coffee beans and ½ packet (50g) toasted hazelnuts. Set in the fridge until firm, about 15 minutes. Snap into shards and serve.
– DAVIDOFF Café is a premium coffee brand, created by the DAVIDOFF coffee masters using high quality roasted beans, creating specific flavours for every taste. Choose from five flavours available as instant, pods, ground or beans. New in SA.
For more information, visit www.davidoffcoffee.co.za