Less than 1 hour
Serves 4 / Makes 2 cups hummus
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, rinsed, drained and skins removed
- ¼ cup (60ml) tahini
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) lemon juice
- ½ cup (125ml) parsley leaves
- ½ cup (125ml) basil (stems removed)
- 1 ripe and ready avocado, diced
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 cans (400g each) chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) olive oil + extra for frying
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) each smoked paprika and cumin
- ½ coil (100g) chorizo
- 8 slices sourdough bread, buttered
- 1 large tub (250g) PnP regular or avo hummus
- 2-3 avocados
- Parsley, for serving
- Preheat oven to 200° C.
- For avo hummus, combine all ingredients except olive oil in a bowl or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add olive oil and season.
- Cover with clingfilm directly on hummus and keep refrigerated for up to a day until serving.
- Toss chickpeas with oil, lemon juice and spices on a baking tray.
- Roast, tossing regularly for 20-35 minutes or until crispy.
- Heat a glug of oil in a pan, slice chorizo and fry until crispy.
- Toast bread in a pan or sandwich press.
- Top toast with hummus, chickpeas and chorizo.
- Drizzle with paprika-spiced oil from the pan.
- Cut avos in thin slivers and top the toast with them – create an avo rose if you like (see below).
- Scatter with parsley and serve.
For a step-by-step on how to make avo roses, click here.