- 600g store-bought bread dough
- 8 cups (2L) water
- ¼ cup Tbsp (60ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tsp (20ml) salt flakes
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly knock down the dough and divide it into 12 equal portions.
- Roll into 5cm balls, flattening slightly to create a bun shape.
- Set aside to rise for 10 minutes until puffy.
- Combine water and bicarbonate of soda in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add 3-4 balls of dough to boiling water, poaching for 2 minutes a side before flipping over.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, drain thoroughly and place on a lined baking tray.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Sprinkle buns with salt and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Serve slider buns filled with your choice of protein or veg.