Less than 15 minutes
IMAGE CREDIT Stylist: Chad January Photographer: Donna Lewis
Something decadent to take your mind off the cold weather
- 1 cup (250ml) cake flour
- ½ tsp (3ml) baking powder
- ½ tsp (3ml) bicarbonate of soda
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup (60ml) castor sugar
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) melted butter, cooled
- ½ cup (125m) buttermilk
- Few drops red food colouring
- 2 slabs (80g each) white chocolate, finely chopped
- Vanilla ice-cream, halved strawberries and honey, for serving
- Place flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa, salt and sugar in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs, butter and buttermilk together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix to create a batter.
- Stir through food colouring, a drop at a time, until the batter has a red tinge.
- Spoon half the batter between four greased microwave-safe mugs.
- Top with equal amounts chocolate.
- Cover with remaining batter and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through (depending on your microwave’s wattage).
- Serve with ice cream, strawberries and a drizzle of honey.