Less than 30 minutes
Makes about 16
- 200g cooked beetroot, grated finely
- 1½ cups (375ml) cooked quinoa
- Handful each mint and dill, chopped
- Handful pumpkin seeds, toasted and chopped (optional)
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- ½ bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1 disc (40g) feta cheese
- Toasted sesame seeds, for sprinkling (optional)
- Combine beetroot, quinoa, herbs and pumpkin seeds, if using. Season.
- Slice thin ribbons of cucumber, using a vegetable peeler to cut lengthways from one tip to the other. (Be sure to slice on either side of the cucumber, stopping once you reach the watery centre – you’ll notice ribbons from the centre doesn’t hold its shape. You can reserve that juicy part for use in salads later.)
- Lay ribbons flat and add a spoonful of quinoa mixture on one end each.
- Top with carrot and bell pepper sticks and a little sprinkle of feta.
- Roll up cucumber strips to create a tube, using fingertips on the side to secure filling as you roll upwards.
- Place into lunchboxes, sprinkle with sesame seeds if you like, seal and chill until serving.