More than 1 hour
- 1 packet (400g) shortcrust pastry, defrosted
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp (5ml) cake flour
- 1 cup (250g) butter, softened
- 1 tsp (5ml) vanilla essence
- 1 cup (200g) brown sugar
- Pinch of fine salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (95g) almond flour
- 1 tsp (5ml) caramel essence
- ¾ packet (75g) almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Line tart tin with pastry and blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool tart completely and turn oven down to 180°C.
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water.
- Add flour, whisking to create a smooth mixture.
- Spoon over cooled pastry base to cover.
- Cream butter, vanilla, salt and sugar together until pale and fluffy, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add eggs one by one, whisking continuously.
- Fold in almond flour.
- Spoon mixture over chocolate base and bake for 20 minutes.
- Top with almond flakes and bake for 5-10 minutes until golden.
- Cool in tart tin for 30 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.