Under 45 minutes
- 2 cups (500ml) flour
- ½ cup (125ml) panko breadcrumbs (regular breadcrumbs work too)
- ½ punnet (10g) parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp (10ml) chilli flakes
- 1 tsp (5ml) smoked or regular paprika
- Salt and milled pepper
- 2 heads (300g each) cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 bottle (500ml) buttermilk
- Glug olive oil
- ½ cup (125ml) hot sauce or chilli sauce
- ½ cup (125ml) butter
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp (10ml) smoked paprika
- Creamy dipping sauce (we used herby cream cheese)
- Chopped spring onion, chilli and coriander, for sprinkling
- Lime wedges and snacking cucumbers or pickled cucumbers for your platter
- Preheat oven to 220°C and line a baking tray with baking paper, placing a wire rack on top.
- Combine flour, breadcrumbs, parsely, chilli flakes, paprika and seasoning.
- Dip florets in buttermilk, then toss in flour mixture and place on prepared tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn over and bake for another 10 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Combine sauce ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for about 4 minutes. (Keep warm until cauliflower is ready).
- Toss cauliflower through sauce.
- Place cauliflower on a platter and sprinkle with spring onion, chilli and coriander.
- Serve with a creamy dipping sauce, snacking cucumbers and lime wedges on the side.
Cook’s note: These little bites are very spicy. If you prefer, you can use a milder chilli sauce or swap half the amount of chilli sauce for BBQ sauce.