- Glug olive oil or 2 Tbsp (30ml) coconut oil
- 2cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, grated
- 1–2 stalks lemongrass, bruised
- 1 sachet (100g) Thai red or yellow curry paste
- 4 cups (1L) chicken bone broth (click here for full recipe)
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) fish sauce
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 2 limes + wedges for serving
- 1 can (400ml) coconut milk
- Salt and milled pepper
- Shredded chicken from carcass (or 3 cooked breast fillets)
- Vermicelli noodles
- Sliced red chilli
- Fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add ginger, garlic and lemongrass and cook for 5 minutes, or until fragrant.
- Stir in curry paste and cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add broth, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and peel, and simmer for 10–15 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk, tip in chicken and simmer for another 10–12 minutes.
- Season and stir through shredded chicken.
- Serve with noodles, scattered with chilli and coriander and with lime wedges on the side.