- 12 pretzel buns (see full recipe here) or use shop-bought cocktail buns
- 1 packet (12) PnP butchery meatballs
- Glug of olive oil
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) butter
- 3 Tbsp (45ml) flour
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- ½ cup (125ml) Pale ale beer
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1½ cups (180g) cheddar, grated
- 1 cup (125g) mature cheddar, grated
- Mustard, salad leaves, pickled cucumber or gherkins and Emmental cheese (optional) for serving.
- Shape meatballs into flat patties, slightly larger than the buns.
- Fry in olive oil to your liking and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pot until melted.
- Stir in flour and cook for a minute until flour paste is bubbling.
- Whisk in milk then gradually add beer, whisking continuously.
- Season and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Top halved buns with mustard, salad leaves, pickled cucumber or gherkins, patties and Emmental cheese slices if using.
- Serve sliders while hot with a generous coating of beer-cheese sauce.