More than 1 hour
- 1 tub (1kg) plain double-cream yoghurt
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp (10ml) sumac (optional)
- Handful each parsley and coriander, chopped
- Juice (60ml) and grated peel of 2 limes
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- ⅔ cup (160ml) citrus or mandarin marmalade (click here for recipe)
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) cumin seeds
- 1 tsp (5ml) smoked paprika
- Glug olive oil
- 1 medium-sized pumpkin (about 1kg), sliced into wedges
- Salt and milled pepper
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, for serving
- Combine labneh ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Line a bowl with muslin cloth and spoon mixture into the centre.
- Bring edges of cloth together and secure with string.
- Place bag in a colander over a bowl.
- Leave in fridge to strain overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine citrus or mandarin marmalade, thyme, garlic, chilli, cumin seeds, olive oil, season and mix until well combined.
- Coat pumpkin in marmalade mixture.
- Spread onion over a base of a lined baking tray and top with pumpkin in a single layer.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until golden and sticky, tossing every 10 minutes.
- Arrange roasted pumpkin on a platter.
- Remove labneh from cloth, adjust seasoning and dollop over pumpkin.
- Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.