Less than 45 minutes
- ¼ cup (60ml) vegetable or avocado oil
- 1 tsp (5ml) cumin seeds
- 1 tsp (5ml) mustard seeds
- Handful curry leaves
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 5-6 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) garam masala
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) curry powder (a yellow one)
- Salt and milled pepper
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Juice (60ml) of 1 lemon
- Handful coriander leaves, chopped
- Basmati rice or rotis and sambal, for serving
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds and curry leaves and cook until seeds begin to sputter.
- Add onion and sauté for a few minutes until it begins to soften.
- Toss in potato and cook, tossing occasionally, for 6-7 minutes.
- Add tomato, spices and seasoning.
- Cover with a lid and cook for 15 minutes, tossing regularly until browned.
- Stir through cauliflower once the potato is tender, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Season well and stir through lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice or rotis and sambal on the side.